Are you looking to purchase an 85 inch TV but don’t know what size to expect? You’re not alone! Many people are surprised when they find out the dimensions of an 85 inch television. It’s important to be aware of the size before you make your purchase so that you can ensure it will fit in your living space. In this article, we’ll explore the dimensions of an 85 inch TV and all the necessary information you should have before making a decision.
- What Are the Dimensions for an 85-inch TV?
- 85-inch TV Dimensions in cm
- 85-inch TV Dimensions in mm
- 85-inch TV Dimensions in feet
- 85-inch TV Dimensions in pixel
- How Big Is a 85 Inch TV?
- Samsung 85 Inch TV Dimensions
- Sony 85 Inch TV Dimensions
- LG 85-inch TV Dimensions
- Vizio 85 Inch TV Dimensions
- TCL 85 Inch TV Dimensions
- Box Dimensions of an 85 inch TV
- How to Measure an 85-inch TV?
- A 85-inch TV Weighs How Much?
- What Size TV Should I Get?
- How Big Should the Living Room Be?
- What Is the Correct TV Viewing Distance and Angle?
What Are the Dimensions for an 85-inch TV?
This size of TV offers the highest image quality and a wide variety of streaming sources for you to choose from, but the brand that you want to buy will determine which features are included.
The biggest proportions possible for a TV may be found in this size. It has a width of 74.1 inches or 188.2 cm, a diagonal length that measures 85 inches (215.9 cm), and a height that measures 41.7 inches or 105.9 cm from the top to the bottom. So, the actual dimensions of 85-inch flat screen TV are:
- Width: 74.1 inch
- Height: 41.7 inch
- Thickness: 3 inch
Depending on the specific type, 85 inch TV might weigh anything from 55 to 100 pounds.
You also can measure the size of the TV yourself. So, have a look at this video, which explains how to measure TVs.
If you are interested, you are more than welcome to read our instructions on how to properly measure your television.
85-inch TV Dimensions in cm
- Width: 188.2 cm
- Height: 105.9 cm
- Thickness: 7.62 cm
85-inch TV Dimensions in mm
- Width: 1880.14 mm
- Height: 1059.18 mm
- Thickness: 76.2 mm
85-inch TV Dimensions in feet
- Width: 6.18 ft
- Height: 3.48 ft
- Thickness: 0.25 ft
85-inch TV Dimensions in pixel
The dimensions of an 85-inch TV in pixels depend on the resolution of the TV. If we assume a standard 16:9 aspect ratio and a few common resolutions, we can estimate the pixel dimensions as follows:
- For a 1080p TV (1920 x 1080 resolution), the width would be approximately 1920 pixels and the height would be approximately 1080 pixels.
- For a 4K TV (3840 x 2160 resolution), the width would be approximately 3840 pixels and the height would be approximately 2160 pixels.
- For an 8K TV (7680 x 4320 resolution), the width would be approximately 7680 pixels and the height would be approximately 4320 pixels.
How Big Is a 85 Inch TV?
An 85 inch TV is a very large television, with a diagonal screen size of 85 inches or 216 centimeters. To give you an idea of its physical size, the width of an 85 inch TV can vary depending on the model, but it’s typically around 74 inches (188 cm) and the height is around 42 inches (107 cm) or more.
An 85-inch TV is approximately 7 feet (about 2.1 meters) diagonally, which is quite large compared to the average human. To give you a sense of scale, an average adult male is about 5’9″ (1.75 meters) tall, which means the TV would be taller than him when measured diagonally. It would also be wider than the average person’s arm span.
Samsung 85 Inch TV Dimensions
The total dimensions of the Samsung 85-inch television are a width of 77.4 inches and a height of 43.7 inches. The depth of the television is 3.1 inches when the stand is not attached, however it increases to 14.2 inches when the stand is attached.
- Width: 196.6 cm
- Height: 110.9 cm
- Depth: 7.9 cm (36.1 cm when the stand is attached)
This sophisticated television was made to seem like it belongs in your living room, and it will provide viewers of all ages with an experience that will hold their attention.
Sony 85 Inch TV Dimensions
While the dimensions of a Sony 85 inch TV may differ depending on the specific model, it’s generally expected that the TV would measure around 75.75 inches in width and 43.25 inches in height (without the stand).
In centimeters we’ll get:
- Width: 192.4 cm
- Height: 109.9 cm
- Depth: 7 cm
LG 85-inch TV Dimensions
The dimensions of the LG television with an 85-inch screen (for example, model 86UN8500PUA) are as follows: width: 75.7 inches, height: 43.5 inches, and depth: 3.7 inches.
When measured diagonally from corner to corner, the screen spans an area that is 84.6 inches.
- Width: 191.7 cm
- Height: 110.5 cm
- Depth: 9.3 cm
The diagonal length of the screen, measured from corner to corner, is 214.6 centimeters.
This LG television provides an exceptional watching experience because to its 4K Ultra HD quality, which renders images that are astonishingly true to life.
Vizio 85 Inch TV Dimensions
The Vizio 85-inch Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) HDR Smart LED TV has a width of 75.1 inches, a height of 42.2 inches, and a depth of 5.9 inches. These dimensions provide enough of room for an immersive viewing experience.
- Width: 190.758 cm
- Height: 107.188 cm
- Depth: 14.986 cm
Although the LED backlight offers improved image quality and clarity, the narrow bezel design helps you to concentrate on the picture without getting distracted by the thick frames.
TCL 85 Inch TV Dimensions
As a general guide, the dimensions of a typical TCL 85 inch TV has a width of around 75.9 inches and a height of 43.9 inches without the stand.
In centimeters will be the following figures:
- Width: 193.3 cm
- Height: 111.4 cm
- Depth: 7.1 cm
Box Dimensions of an 85 inch TV
- Width: 196.85 cm (77.5 inches)
- Height: 120.65 cm (47.5 inches)
- Thickness: 42 cm (16.5 inches)
Read about the 5 simple steps on how to pack a TV for moving in my article.
How to Measure an 85-inch TV?
To measure an 85-inch TV, you’ll need a tape measure or a ruler.
Here are the steps you can follow:
- Find the diagonal length: Measure from one corner of the screen to the opposite corner diagonally. This is the diagonal length of the TV.
- Measure the height: Measure the height of the screen from top to bottom. This is the vertical measurement of the TV.
- Measure the width: Measure the width of the screen from left to right. This is the horizontal measurement of the TV.
The size of the TV is usually given in inches based on the diagonal length of the screen, so you can just use that measurement (85 inches) to describe the size of your TV.
A 85-inch TV Weighs How Much?
The weight of an 85-inch TV can vary depending on the model and type. However, as a general estimate, an 85-inch TV can weigh between 55 to 150 pounds (25 to 68 kilograms). It’s important to note that the weight of the TV may also depend on whether it comes with a stand or not. If the TV comes with a stand, the weight may be higher due to the additional weight of the stand.
What Size TV Should I Get?
So, what size TV should you buy? Use the following formula to get the optimal size of television for your needs: Your optimal TV size may be calculated by taking the viewing distance in inches and dividing that number by 2. For instance, if you are sitting 10 feet away from the Screen, then 10 feet multiplied by 12 inches = 120 inches. Since 120 divided by 2 equals 60 inches, you will need a TV that is 60 or 65-inch TV in size.
The optimal viewing distance for 1080p televisions is 1.5 to 2.5 times the diagonal measurement of the screen. The optimal viewing distance for a television with a screen size of 85 inches is between 10.6 and 17.7 feet. You can seat closer to a 4K resolution TV to notice the additional detail it provides. As a result, the recommended viewing distance is one to one and a half times the size of the screen. It should be between 7.1 and 10.6 feet for an 85-inch Screen.
How Big Should the Living Room Be?
The amount of room required for an 85-inch TV depends on a few factors, such as the viewing distance and the layout of the room. Here are some general guidelines to consider:
- Viewing distance: Ideally, the viewing distance should be at least 1.5 times the diagonal screen size of the TV. For an 85-inch TV, this would be around 10.5 feet (3.2 meters). However, some people prefer to sit closer or farther away, depending on their personal preferences.
- Room layout: You’ll need to make sure that the TV fits comfortably in the room without being too overpowering. Measure the width of the wall where you plan to mount the TV and make sure there is enough space on either side for speakers, media equipment, or other furniture. You’ll also want to consider the height of the TV and whether it will fit comfortably within your line of sight.
- Mounting options: Depending on the size of your room and its layout, you may want to consider different mounting options for your 85-inch TV. A wall mount can save space and give you more flexibility in terms of placement, but you’ll need to make sure that the wall can support the weight of the TV. Alternatively, you could use a TV stand or entertainment center that is designed to hold large TVs.
Overall, an 85-inch TV is a very large screen and will require a good amount of space to accommodate comfortably. Before purchasing such a TV, it’s important to carefully measure your room and consider your viewing habits to ensure that you’ll be able to enjoy it to the fullest.
What Is the Correct TV Viewing Distance and Angle?
The size of the television and the kind of screen you have should determine how far away you sit from the screen while watching television. Let’s divide this down based on the different types of screens:
- On a standard 1080p HDTV (about 85 inches in diagonal size), the optimal viewing distance is around 1.5 to 2.5 times the diagonal length. This necessitates a viewing distance of 10.6 – 17.5 feet.
- A sophisticated 4K Ultra HD TV has a smaller screen, so you may sit closer to it without having to squint to see the screen without a pixelated image. If your screen is 85 inches in diagonal dimension, the optimal viewing distance is just 1.5 times that number. You should, therefore, maintain a distance of 7–10.6 feet from the screen when viewing it.
You may need to move some furniture about in your living room if you’re planning on getting a new TV, since the optimal viewing distance is at the shorter of the two numbers shown above.
Viewing angles are an extremely important consideration to evaluate while shopping for a television for the living room. You should position the television so that it is parallel to your eyes, with an angle of no more than 15 degrees in any direction. In addition to that, the angle to the left or right should not be any more than forty degrees.
If you do not have a 4K television, the image may seem distorted if you are sitting at an angle that is not vertical.
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) is responsible for the creation of one of the suggestions that is consistently cited by those working in the business. It suggests a distance from which a display may fill a field of view that is 30 degrees in diameter. This distance is about similar to 1.62 times the size of the display on a television.
The most important thing to take away from this is that it is definitely worthwhile to get a huge television that is at least 85 inches in size if your home has the room for it. While watching movies, sports, or even playing video games, it might assist to provide a more immersive experience for the viewer.
Tell us how can we improve this post?
Hi! I’m Henry Stanley. Welcome to my website!
With a background in technology journalism and a passion for personal technology and gadgets, I have spent the past decade staying up-to-date on the latest trends and advancements in the industry. My expertise extends to all brands of televisions, from compact models perfect for small apartments to massive screens that can transform any living room into a home theater.
I strive to provide my readers with the most accurate and comprehensive information.